nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
I Need To Report A Lost License

If you have lost or destroyed your license, you can request a replacement from the BCI. Send a written request to the BCI and include your full name, current address, date of birth, and the reason you need a replacement license. There is no charge for a replacement license. It generally takes 2 - 3 weeks for the replacement license to be issued. As state law requires that you must have the license on your person and be able to produce it if asked, do not carry concealed until you receive the replacement license.

Send the request to:

BCI CWL Section
PO Box 1054
Bismarck, ND 58502

Write "LOST LICENSE" on the outside of the envelope.

For security reasons, the BCI is not able to accept these notifications via e-mail or telephone. Sorry, due to the volume of mail we receive, we cannot acknowledge receipt of these notification letters.

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience.