Current Test Administrator:
- At least 15 days prior to conducting instruction or testing for Class 1 applicants, you must complete and submit the Course Information Form to the BCI.
- The testing must be completed within the state of North Dakota and cannot be held in conjunction with testing for any other state.
- You may charge a maximum of $50 (plus range fees, if applicable). The fee includes a complete copy of the current ND Concealed Weapon License Manual for the applicant to keep. Range fees (if applicable) may not be paid directly to a test administrator.
- You may only conduct training and testing procedures according to the requirements established by the BCI.
- Please remind your students that the completed application form must be submitted to the BCI within 30 days of the testing date.
Test Administrator Applicants:
- THE BCI IS NOT ACCEPTING ANY APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME. We will update this page with course information as it is scheduled.
Test Administrator Certification Course:
In order to become certified as a firearm or dangerous weapons instructor, an individual shall successfully complete the concealed weapons instructor course approved by the director of the BCI.
The two-day Instructor Certification course consists of classroom instruction and a course of fire. The instructor certification course is free, but applicant is responsible for costs associated with attendance. Classes are held in Bismarck. Class size is limited. A civilian certified test administration must also possess a valid North Dakota Concealed Weapon License. Applications will be available at the certification class; successful completion of the instructor course fulfils the training requirements for a concealed weapon license.
Applicant must complete a Test Administrator Application Form and submit it to the BCI, PO Box 1054, Bismarck ND 58502. Application postmark must be on or before the specified deadline. Late applications will not be accepted. Application forms may not be submitted by e-mail or fax. Applications for the test administrator certification course are processed in the order received. The BCI pre-screens the applications and conducts a criminal history record check on each applicant. All applicants will be notified by BCI at least two weeks prior to the course start date whether they have been selected for the class. Successful applicants will be provided with additional details about the course. No phone inquiries please.