Current Test Administrator:
Only individuals authorized by the BCI may conduct testing for the ND concealed weapon license. ALL civilian AND law enforcement test administrators must comply with the following:
- At least 15 days prior to conducting instruction or testing, you must complete and submit the Course Information Form to the BCI.
- The testing must be completed within the state of North Dakota and cannot be held in conjunction with testing for any other state.
- You may charge a maximum of $50.00 (plus range fees, if applicable). The fee includes a complete copy of the current ND Concealed Weapon License Manual for the applicant to keep. Range fees (if applicable) may not be paid directly a test administrator.
- You may only conduct training and testing procedures according to the requirements established by the BCI.
- Please remind your students that the completed application form must be submitted by mail to the BCI within 30 days of the testing date.
- You must complete the BCI’s Class Roster form for every class you teach or test you administer. You must submit all roster forms to the BCI within 15 days of the testing date. You must keep a copy of the class roster for one year.
Test Administrator Applicants:
- The next Test Administrator Certification Course is set for October 22-23, 2013.
The BCI IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. Please refer to the instructions below. Applications must be submitted by mail - no fax, e-mail or hand delivered applications will be accepted. Applications must be postmarked no later than 9-20-13.THE APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED. BCI IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. WHEN THE NEXT COURSE IS SCHEDULED, THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED - PLEASE CHECK BACK.
Test Administrator Certification Course:
In order to become certified as a firearm or dangerous weapons Test Administrator, an individual shall successfully complete the concealed weapons instructor course approved by the director of the BCI. The two-day Certification course consists of classroom instruction and a course of fire. All certification classes are held in Bismarck. The instructor certification course is free, but applicant is responsible for costs associated with attendance. A civilian certified test administration must also possess a valid North Dakota Concealed Weapon License. Applications will be available at the certification class; successful completion of the instructor course fulfills the training requirements for a Class 1 concealed weapon license. If you are a current Test Administrator whose certification is expiring, you will need to register for and complete the Test Administrator Certification Course before your expiration date.
Applicants for the test administrator certification course must complete a Test Administrator Application form and submit it to the BCI, PO Box 1054, Bismarck ND 58502. Application postmark must be on or before the specified deadline. Late applications will not be accepted. Application forms may not be submitted by e-mail or fax. Applications for the test administrator certification course are processed in the order received. The BCI pre screens the applications and conducts a criminal history record check on each applicant.The class size is limited. All applicants will be notified by BCI approximately two weeks prior to the course state date whether they have been selected for the class. Successful applicants will be provided with additional details about the course. NO INQUIRIES PLEASE.