1. How and where do I sign up for initial chemical test operator training?
Intoxilyzer 8000 training registration is available on-line at the Crime Laboratory website. Your agency training officer needs to sign you up at the website. The actual training will be classroom training at times scheduled by the Crime Laboratory. The webpage will be updated with new information as training is scheduled.
Field Inspector training is available upon request by contacting the Crime Lab.
Your agency’s training officer should have this information for the Intoxilyzer® S-D5 already, but if not, the training officer may request S-D5 training packets from the Crime Laboratory for you. After you have reviewed the S-D5 training video, you will take a quiz and your training officer will return the required documentation which includes the quiz, registration, and completion of the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) form.
The Intoximeters, Inc. Alco-Sensor FST® initial training can be found at the following website: http://training.intox.com/asfst. You will need a serial number from any Alco-Sensor FST® screening device to complete the on-line training. If you have a Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) number, you may email that information to the following email address to obtain credit for the course: email@example.com.
2. How do I get recertified for the Intoxilyzer® 8000, Field Inspector - Intoxilyzer® 8000, Intoxilyzer® S-D5, and Intoximeters, Inc. Alco-Sensor FST® ?
Initial certification for the devices is good for two years. Near the end of that certification period, you should take recertification training at the following website: http://www.ag.nd.gov/AGOTraining/Default.aspx .
For instructions to take the recertification please see the following: http://www.ag.nd.gov/CrimeLab/LawEnforcementTraining/ChemTestOperTraining/CTOInstructionsNew.pdf.
3. Where do I get the State Toxicologist’s approved method for testing for breath alcohol?
The State Toxicologist’s approved methods are available at APPROVED METHODS.
4. Why isn’t the expiration date listed on the operator card?
The operator card is valid for more than one type of certification. Different certifications have different expiration dates. Use one of the following two methods to obtain your current operator certifications:
CJIS CTO Info:
- First open the CJIS program using your assigned login/password.
- Next click on the Main Menu link (located at the top left of your My CJIS screen).
- The Person/Place Search screen appears next with three boxes in the lower portion of the screen for selection: Specific Search, Reports, and External. In the box labeled External, click on Attorney General.
- The ND.GOV Official Portal for North Dakota State Government opens next.
- From here, please click on Certified Chemical Test Operators.
- You may use the Search Box to filter out many things (agency, instrument, etc.) and the Print Button to show you print instructions after you’ve done so. Note: You must click on the “Show __ Entries” dropdown to see “All” searched information (otherwise it shows only the first 25 records).
Crime Lab: http://www.ag.nd.gov/CrimeLab/BreathAlcoholProgram/ApprovedOperators/index.htm . Choose the appropriate year and list to obtain your information.
5. Will I receive POST Board credit for this online training?
You will receive POST Board credit only if YOU enter your POST Board number when requested during the online training session. All courses, with the exception of Field Inspector - Intoxilyzer® 8000 recertification, provide Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) credit.
6. What if I don’t take the recertification training on time and my certification expires?
We understand that military deployment and agency location changes sometimes make it difficult to meet deadlines. If your certification has expired, you will need to have your training officer contact the Crime Laboratory directly for authorization to complete the appropriate training.
7. What if I fail the online quiz?
If you fail the online quiz, you will have an opportunity to review the presentation and materials again and retake the quiz.