- Complete Individual Application Form PDF OR Corporations, LLC, Etc. Application Form PDF
- Pay license fee of $200
- Present photocopy of North Dakota Sales Tax Permit if required to have one
- Present list of all employees doing business in North Dakota including name, home address and telephone number, and a signed photograph
- A bond in the amount set by the Office of Attorney General on the approved Transient Merchant Bond Form PDF or the Transient Merchant Cash Bond Form PDF as determined by the Office of Attorney General
- Corporations, limited liability companies etc. must be properly registered with the North Dakota Secretary of State's Office.
- Provide an inventory and price list of all merchandise to be sold in the state, if applicable.
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A TRANSIENT MERCHANT LICENSE SEE:
INSTRUCTION SHEET PDF
North Dakota Century Code
51 Sales and Exchanges PDF
See Chapter 51-04 -- Transient Merchants
See Chapter 51-18 -- Regulation of Home Solicitation Sales