nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
Business and Licensing

The Licensing Section regulates the licenses of alcoholic beverage retailers; wholesale and retail tobacco product dealers; transient merchants; fair boards; wholesale fireworks distributors; polygraph operators; operators and distributors of coin-operated amusement devices; charitable gaming organizations, and gaming manufacturers and distributors.

The local governing body (i.e. city or county) where you intend to conduct business may have additional licensing or permit requirements. Please check with the local governing body to determine if there are any additional requirements for you to work or conduct business in the area. You may also wish to contact the North Dakota Secretary of State's office (to register your business), ND Workforce Safety and Insurance (for coverage requirements), the State Tax Department (for sales and use tax, income tax withholding information), and Job Service North Dakota (for unemployment compensation liability), at: http://www.nd.gov/agency.htm. Be aware that there may be other North Dakota statutes that may apply to your business activity in North Dakota. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the laws of North Dakota when you do business in the state.

Alcoholic Beverage License
Amusement Games
Local Gaming Permit/Application/Report
Gaming License Application
Manufacture/Distribute Gaming Equipment and Supplies
Transient Merchant

License Holders