- Check to see if you are eligible for a concealed weapon license.
- COMPLETE the application online. Be sure to DISCLOSE ALL OFFENSES (even dismissed charges) in response to the questions. If you do not disclose something, your application WILL be denied. If you cannot remember exact details, provide as much information as you can.
- Click to submit the completed application form AND PRINT IT.
- Find a test administrator so you can take the required testing. TAKE the completed application form with you - the test administrator needs to complete the testing section and sign the form. The testing requirements cannot be waived for any applicant.
- Make sure you have SIGNED AND DATED the form. If you are a CLASS 1 applicant or you answered YES to Question #13, you must sign and date the form in TWO places.
- Attach ALL required documents and the $60 certified check or money order (no personal checks) to the completed application form. MAIL the application, the fee, and all the required documents to:
ND BCI - CWL
PO BOX 1054
BISMARCK ND 58502-1054
You must mail the application form to the BCI within 30 days of your testing date. Applications submitted more than 30 days after testing are invalid and will not be processed.
- Be PATIENT. It takes up to 60 days to process the application form – longer if we have to return it because you forgot something. Once the application is processed, you will receive either a license or a denial letter. The BCI cannot acknowledge receipt of your application. If you would like confirmation that BCI received your application, you may wish to mail it via “certified mail, return receipt requested” or a similar process that provides a tracking number.